Data Privacy Information according to Art. 13 GDPR and Declaration of Consent
The study described below is part of a research project AWARD. This project receives funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program under Grant Agreement No. 101006817. The content of this presentation reflects only the author’s view. Neither the European Commission nor CINEA are responsible for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
You have been invited to participate in this user study. Before you agree to participate, please read all the information provided carefully and do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions regarding the study or the potential benefits and risks involved.
Participation in this scientific study is voluntary.
This survey is conducted by AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and Alexander.Mirnig@ait.ac.at
You are asked to participate in a user study. The participation in the user study will be online. As part of the study, you will watch a short introductory video and will answer an online questionnaire. The whole procedure will take roughly ten minutes.
- Potential risks
You do not incur any risk by participating in this study.
- Purpose of processing your personal data
AWARD aims to develop "All Weather Autonomous Real logistics operations and Demonstrations" and address challenges related to the deployment of automated vehicles in real logistics operations through several strategic use cases that meet market needs, from the factory to logistics hubs.
The information gathered as part of this study will be published in reports on the research project or in scientific papers in the form of statistical evaluations or scenarios while preserving the anonymity of the participants.
Your personal data will only be processed as part of this research project if you give your express consent.
After completion of the research project your data will be preserved for the purpose of proving compliance with the guidelines for good scientific practice. For a further good development of the area of interest in the AWARD project we, the Austrian Institute of Technology, rely on the fact that further processing of data for research purposes is generally considered "not incompatible".
By giving your consent, you agree allowing to process your data for other scientific research purposes relating to the AWARD project if these are not aimed at producing person-related results.
- Processed data
In case you give your consent, the following data will be collected:
- technological interests;
- all opinions and statements expressed during the user study.
- Data storage period
After completion of the research project your personal data will be retained for as long as necessary to provide evidence of compliance with good scientific practice in accordance with the relevant guidelines. Research data must currently be retained for a period of ten years. If this period changes in the future your data will be stored for a correspondingly shorter or longer period of time.
- Recipients of your personal data
By giving your consent, you agree to the transfer of your data to the AWARD project partners. Further information and all recipients of the project AWARD can be found on the project page: https://cordis.europa.eu/project/id/101006817
- Your rights and contacts
You are entitled:
- to request information about your processed data,
- to ask for incorrect data to be corrected or deleted or
- to contact the Data Protection Authority in cases of suspected violation of the data protection provisions.
You are also entitled:
- to withdraw your consent at any time and
- to object to the processing of your data.
You may withdraw your consent at any time (including during the study) without any consequences. If you decide to withdraw your consent during the study, this will be treated as an incomplete submission and the related data will not be used in the subsequent phases of the research project. Please note that, due to the anonymous data collection procedure, once your submission is complete it is not going to be possible to alter the data. Furthermore, documents already published, or project results obtained using your data before you withdrew your consent cannot be altered. Please also note that your data may have to be further processed to prove compliance with the guidelines of good scientific practice.
If you require further information about your rights as a test subject or the user study itself, or if you have further questions, or wish to exercise your rights or abort the user study, please contact Alexander Mirnig, Alexander.Mirnig@ait.ac.at. or Guglielmo Papagni, email@example.com
The following organization is responsible for processing:
- AIT Austrian Institute of Technology
Giefinggasse 4, 1210 Vienna - Austria
The contact details of the Data Protection Officer are:
- Declaration of Consent according to data protection law
I have read and understood the Declaration of Consent.
By giving my consent:
- I agree that the Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH (hereinafter AIT) may process my personal data of the categories listed in section 6 for the purpose(s) specified in section 5.
- I hereby declare that I do not receive compensation for participation in this user study.
- I hereby declare that I will not make any further claims against AIT and the AWARDs project partners or third parties.
- I hereby agree that my technological interests, gender, country, age will be stored anonymously in a database of test subjects.
- I am of full age and legal capacity.
- I have received a copy of the Data Privacy Information and Declaration of Consent.
- I have received a supplementary list of AWARD partners, mentioned in section 8, with which my data will be shared.
I understand that I may withdraw my consent in whole or in part at any time without giving notice, as specified in section 8.
If you agree to the terms and wish to participate, tic the box below and click next. Otherwise, just close the survey page.